Monday, September 23, 2013

Before and after pictures...Extreme makeover, classroom edition!

Ok...finally. Have you every heard the expression "sometimes good enough is good enough"? It's so true when it comes to the life of a teacher. Remember my husband's classroom? It's in my previous post. I had been working on it while trying to run my own classroom, along with my four kids and husband at home. So finally, I had to say, "good enough is good enough." I was outta time and money. But I think it came out great. Can you get a sense of the classroom through the pictures? It was cold, cluttered, and just UGLY.  There were giant strips of purple paper with tons of store bought and homemade posters everywhere. The lockers were gunked up and needed a good paint job. Every cabinet and shelf was full of clutter. And nothing matched. It was SUCH a guy's room.





I could have spent days and days and dollars and dollars on my husband's classroom makeover. Unfortunately I am limited in both. So remember the before pictures?







Well...here it is. Finally. Some after pictures:

Remember the beige lockers that were filled with junk? Here they are, silver now!

This is where the lockers used to be. I would walk in, shudder and turn around and walk right back out. Now it's my favorite part of the classroom.


These shelves were filled with dusty frames that were fallen over.

Remember the tv and shelves full of stuff? Do you remember my husband's "desk"? It was disorganized and very UNmemorable.
This is the main wall that was covered with purple paper and anchor charts. It's still not finished in this picture, but nothing helps you get stuff done like Open House. It has the same number of charts, but they're all hanging on coat hangers now, and take up much less space. But still accessible to the teacher and students. I can't get the stuff off the shelf. Disclaimer: the piles of science equipment on the table has nothing to do with me.

This cart used to be a dirt white with mismatched baskets. I painted the sides with chalkboard paint, and the sides are a chic silver with silver and black baskets. I can't help what's stuffed into them. That's all still my husband.

This room has a whole new feel to it. I love it. is it more girlie now? Yes, but the turquoise, silver, black and purple help keep it masculine-friendly. The boys AND girls appreciate it. I love to be in this room now. It feels homey, light and open. 

Thanks for looking!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!