Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The rule of threes


Have you heard of the rule of three? I've always thought it applies to color in a room, but it's so much more than that. Here's a great article on Houzz (my favorite website) on the rule of three.
Before:
Can you see the lockers in the picture on the right? Do you see all the junk stuff that fills this space?
Add caption
 
After:


a bigger picture, but not as clear, I know.
Here's a part of my husband's classroom that I am in the process of making-over. Can you see my rule of threes?
1)3 pieces of furniture
2)3 framed pictures/bulletin boards
3)3 rows of 3 cubicles
4)3 shelves on the silver shelf
5)3 poms on each b. board
6)3 decorative items on the cubbies
7)3 borders on the bulletin boards 

Wow! Did I go a little overboard on the threes? I guess you can be the judge! I actually switched out that chair for an outdoor white chair. Not super cool, but it really shows off the pillow, and it's better than a schoolroom chair! And free! My budget was a little on overboard by this point. 

More to come...soon...

Thanks for reading! Have fun creating your space!
Ann






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!