Saturday, September 28, 2013

A library that needs some lovin'

I was SO thrilled to be asked to help make some bulletin boards for our school library. To me, that's like saying, "Ann, why don't you just take over this project and redecorate the school library from top to bottom?" "And did I mention, you have free reign and an unlimited budget?"  Oh yeah, that last part isn't quite what I'd call truth...
Here is what the library looks like right now:









It's great, isn't it? And it makes your eyes hurt just a little bit, doesn't it?

Our library has such AWESOME volunteers. They deserve a really cool space to work. I am so excited to see what we can do with it. It's actually what's called a "portable". For those of you who don't know what that is, it's basically a Winnebago of classrooms. It's a portable room, or rooms. See those lovely brown panelled walls?? Do they scream "make me a cabin" or what??!! And with school in full swing, it should really only take me about 17 Saturdays to get this done. Thankfully one of the volunteers has graciously volunteered to help. Yay! I'll keep you posted. Any library makeovers of your own to share???!!
Thanks for reading!
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!